Tuesday 21 April 2015

LIFE TODAY


IT AIN'T THE SAME ANYMORE




Once upon a time they used to laugh with their hearts and laugh with their eyes
But now they only laugh with their teeth while their ice block cold hearts search behind my shadow

There was a time indeed they used to shake hands with their hearts but that has gone
Now they shake hands without hearts while their left hands search my pockets

"Feel at home" "come again" they say
And when I come and feel at home once, twice there will be no thrice for there I find doors shut on me

So I have learned many things kids,
I have learned 2 wear many faces like dresses home face,host face,cocktail face,
with all their conforming smiles like a fixed portrait

And I have learned too to laugh with only my teeth and to shake hands without my heart.

I have also learned to say good bye when I mean "good riddance" to say glad to meet you without being glad at all  and to say its been nice talking to you, after being bored.

But believe me kids I want to be what I used to be when I was your at your age. I want to unlearn all these muting things
Most of all I want to relearn how to laugh for my laugh in the mirror shows only my teeth like a snake's bare fangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment